Made In USA
FIND A STORE:
1-800-926-5100  |  sales@arknaturals.com

ASK THE PROS

I have a highly allergic dog, but I'd love to use your great products.

Posted on: 10/30/2011 7:22 AM
Answered By:

QUESTION: I have a highly allergic dog who is about 8 years old and allergic to everything.I recently tried the Sea "Mobility" Joint Rescue Lamb, which she seems to be handling very well... I was thinking of adding the Super Strength Chewable but not sure if she needs any more than she is now getting (1 stick per day). She had hip dysphasia and surgery at 6 months but now that she is getting older wanted to add more and am tired of buying things she can not tolerate, what are your thoughts? Can I get a 2 week sample before I purchase?

ANSWER:  The amount of Sea Mobility sticks your dog needs depends on the size and breed. We recommend 1 strip per 50 pounds so a 25 pound dog should be given 1/2 stick and a 100 pound dog should be given 2 strips. If you are giving the correct amount for your dog's weight, and if your dog is still having problems, then you could add the Super Strength Chewables. It has some additional herbs that can decrease inflammation. However, if your dog is allergic to plants, keep in mind that herbs are plants, and he may have some problems with them. I am a consultant for the formulation of products and their correct use and have nothing to do with sales. I have cc'd the company so that they may answer any other questions. Nancy Scanlan, DVM, MSFP, CVA ~ Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog.

COMMENTS

You must be a registered user to submit a comment in this section.

Register      |      Log in

If you are registered user, please login to continue your submission. If you are not currently
a registered user, we'd love to welcome you into the fold. Please Register with us!

Mimi Bailey

Question 3: Regarding Plaque Zapper: Does the product work when used in a pet fountain that recirculates the water. Thanks!

Posted: 2 years ago
J Meisel

How much water is appropriate for one packet of Plaque-Zapper?

Posted: one year ago
Ark Naturals Admin

Response to Mimi Bailey: No, the product would be filtered out. Plaque Zapper would only be effective in a filtered water fountain if the filter was removed.

Ark Naturals Admin

RESPONSE to J Meisel: You do not need to follow a specific product to water ratio. Similar to using mouthwash, Plaque Zapper will be sloshed around in the pet's mouth and be effective. The product is effective for 6-8 hours so it is best to add to approximately what the pet will drink in that amount of time. I empty and clean my dog's water bowl before bedtime. Then first thing in the morning I add Plaque Zapper to a fresh bowl of water. Hope that helps!

Laura Sweeting

Great info, thanks. I knew it worked because I looked at my dog's teeth before using Plaque Zapper and 1 month after, and I could see a definite improvement. Now I know WHY it works.

William Fitzsimmons

Hi...Regarding the "Omega Mender! Itch Ender!" product, should it be administered only once per day, and is it okay to apply it to a dog's food? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ark Naturals Admin

RESPONSE to William Fitzsimmons: Yes, our Omega Mender! Itch Ender! product can be applied to a dog's food and should be administered only once per day.